We have streamlined our registration process to make it easier for you to become a user. In order to conduct business electronically, we need you to consent to the following terms and conditions by providing the information requested. By clicking on the “Accept and Continue” button and providing the requested information you are:
- Consenting to do business electronically with Rental Research Services, Inc.
- Certifying that you are the person or company identified by that information
- A business entity registered in the state in which you do business and that your registered business is a residential property management.
- Consenting to and acknowledging that activity on this system may be viewed and monitored by Rental Research Services in order to help prevent and detect potential fraud or unauthorized access to the system.
Please read before continuing: Registration is not an instantaneous process.
Prior to granting access to our online system, we are required by the FCRA to conduct a thorough verification process for all of our new registrants. This verification process will include a required onsite inspection. Access cannot be established without the inspection. The inspection ensures that the necessary security exists. This entails proof of a locked office door and filing cabinet for housing consumer-sensitive data.
For further information, we encourage you to review the FTC Data Safeguards Law. This process will also require you to submit documentation for identity confirmation. The following items will need to be submitted to us prior to account activation:
- A sample copy of your company’s management agreement.
- Three (3) newly completed and signed rental applications.
- A copy of your ownership report/title of the building where your company currently conducts business, or a copy of your company’s office space Lease Agreement. If you lease office space, the entire Lease Agreement is not required. Only the following pages are necessary for verification:
- Signature page
- Address page
- Terms of lease page
- Landlord name
- Landlord contact information
- Verification of membership in local/regional/national Apartment Association.
- A cancelled or voided check.
- A copy of your most recent phone bill if you are using an unlisted number for business purposes.
- Any additional documents as needed.
- By submitting this registration you certify that your company owns or manages at a minimum 100 units or more.
Rental Research Services assesses a non-refundable administration fee of $100.00. This fee must be paid in full prior to the submission of any required documentation and an onsite inspection. Once the fee has been paid, you will be contacted to schedule a time for the onsite inspection. Failure to comply with all necessary requirements will result in a failing grade on the site inspection. You may submit the required documentation outlined above before completing the inspection.
Please be aware that accounts will take a minimum of five (5) business days to be set up (dependent upon when the onsite inspection is completed).
Also, please note that if you are an owner of a rental property characterized as a one to four family residential property, an onsite inspection must be performed annually from the date that your account is activated.