Central Minnesota Multi Housing Association 13th Annual “Shaping the Future Conference and Product Show”
Rental Research Services is proud to be exhibiting at the Central Minnesota Multi-Housing Association’s (CMMHA) 13th Annual “Shaping the Future Conference and Product Show”!
When: Thursday, May 16th, 2012
Where: Holiday Inn Hotel, St. Cloud: 75 So 37th Ave St. Cloud, Minnesota 56301
Who Should Attend?
This conference will be of exceptional value to owners, managers, leasing agents, office personnel, caretakers, and maintenance staff.
If you are in the multifamily industry and want to network with great people, this is the place to be!
Register Here: 2013 Shaping the Future Conference Brochure and Registration
Rental Research Services will be in attendence at the Minnesota NAHRO’s 2012 Annual Conference and Exhibition:
Gaining A New Perspective
This two day interactive seminar will help you take control of the maintenance monster. Maintenance staff and supervisors will see how it all fits together to help your agency get the best scores possible. From the basics of setting standards and expectations and developing preventative maintenance systems to completing a HUD required maintenance plan, this is a must-have learning experience. Information you need to run a successful maintenance operation is covered, including labor repair time standards, quality control, mold, lead-based paint, and automated systems. See the training objectives HERE. *Optional certification exam available at additional cost. *
This Conference is available to anyone who is a member of Minnesota NAHRO.
Register today – click here for more information or call 651-925-4070.
Rental Research will be in attendance at the Minnesota Multihousing Association’s MHA/CIC Midwest Membership Happy Hour Social. This event is for all members of MHA and CIC Midwest.
When: Thursday, July 19th, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Where: Santorini’s, 13000 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN
Rental Research Services will be in attendance at Minnesota Multi-Housing Association’s (MHA) Young Professionals Cocktails For A Cause event, Wednesday June 20th, 2012!
Cocktails For A Cause is a progressive bar tour to benefit MHA’s 2012 charitable partner, People Serving People.
The night will start off at Cowboy Slim’s in Uptown, Minneapolis and work its way through two other Uptown establishments, sampling drinks and food. There will be raffle drawings and games throughout the evening, with proceeds going to People Serving People.
Raffle prizes include two Grand Prizes for a “Night on the Town” in Minneapolis or Saint Paul, one Super Grand Prize for a trip for two to Paris (plane tickets not included) and more!
4:30 – 5:15pm @ Cowboy Slim’s
5:30 – 6:15pm @ Stella’s Fish Cafe
6:30 – 7:30pm @ Uptown Tavern (Drink!)
$25 for Members / $30 for Non-Members
Should be a blast! Hope to see you there!
Rental Research will be in attendance at the Minnesota Real Estate Journal Asset Management, Property Management & Facility Management Summit on:
7:15 am Registration/ 7:30 am Hot Breakfast/ 7:55 am – 12:00 pm Program
Jeff Steinke, Ryan Companies
Wes Johnson, CBC Griffin Companies
Todd Balsiger, Transwestern
Chad Johnson, Hellmuth & Johnson
J. Robert Keena, Hellmuth & Johnson
Joel Hilgendorf, Hellmuth & Johnson
Barbara Halverson, Steven Scott Management
Lisa Dongoske, Cushman & Wakefiled/NorthMarq
Chuck Palm, Cushman & Wakefiled/NorthMarq
Robert Traeger, CBRE
Joe Brady, Reluminate
Priscilla Koeckeritz, EnergyPrint
Erik Ennen, Center for Energy & Environment
Chad Wiech, Asset Record Company
Steve Hahn, Luma Sales
Steve Herron, Zeller Realty Group
Hans Okerstrom, Transwestern
John Wichman, UGL Services
David Sternberg, Brookfield Properties
Kim Kiesgen, Maxlite
Andy Sungaard, Cassidy Truley
Herb Tousley, University of St. Thomas
7:55 AM Welcome & Introduction
8:00 am Why Good Management is Important Once Again
• What are the roles and the importance of Asset Managers, Property Managers & Facility Managers
• What are the essentials of a successful Asset Manager, Property Manager & Facility Manager
• What are the most important aspects of Operating Efficiencies/ Cost Control and what the managers are doing to create positive cash flow
• What is the interrelationship of Asset Management with investors, lenders, service providers, attorneys, brokers and consultants
• What are the critical pivot points of success and failure
• Risk vs. Reward; Fear vs. Greed: How do good managers create and manage a risk management oriented approach
• What does the future hold for the industry
8:50 am Need to Know Legal Issues for Property Managers and Facility Managers
• How to deal with troubled tenant issues and evictions
• How to draft a rock solid lease agreement
• Minnesotas new receivership statute
• Handling insurance claims and property litigation
9:25 am Energy Benchmarking Performance: Analysis and Action by the Numbers
• How do you get good data on Energy Operating Costs
• What are the key areas of measurement and comparison
• How do you benchmark your tenants and develop a numbers-orientated cost savings approach without damaging future rents and/or asset values
• How can you quantify the investment in Retrofitting your property: Lighting or any other Energy Savings Investment
• What types of incentives are available for Owners & Managers and How do you access them
10:15 am Break
10:25 am Acquisition and Redevelopment: How do you add value to managed assets
• Where is the best opportunities when it comes to repositioning assets and/or converting a existing property
• How do you identify and prioritize assets that will require you most attention
• How do you finance a conversion or redevelopment
• What are the underwriting requirements to refinance a asset
• What are the opportunities and pitfalls in each asset class: Office, Industrial, Retail & Multifamily
• Are there differences when repositioning for sales, for repositioning and for a long hold period
11:10 am Best Practices in Marketing, Leasing, Maintenance & Operations
• Day-to-day: Managing tenants and personnel
• Budgeting & Maintenance: Are you watching the pennies or the dollars
• Leasing Your Property: Comparing activity in asset types
• Interrelating with Building Owners and Asset Managers: How to keep your “client” happy
• Managing the Unmanageable: Working with contractors, service providers and vendors
• Measuring and evaluating investments in marketing and building maintenance
• Tips to improve as a manager and future trends
12:00 PM Networking
Rental Research Services will be in attendance at the Minnesota Council for Affordable and Rural Housing‘s (MN CARH) 21st Annual Conference & Meeting.
This is available to anyone who is a member of MN CARH. Registration is required.
When: May 8 and 9, 2012
Where: Grand Conference Center and Casino, Hinckley, Minnesota
Register today – click here for more information!